HOW IT WORKS: The wide-range frequency response of the SM7B preserves the natural beauty of the sound it captures. With its detailed audio profile, words may travel far, but they always arrive at their destination with quality and clarity intact.
WHY IT'S BETTER:
• Only good air gets through - The air suspension shock isolation and the pop filter eliminate both mechanical noise and breathiness. So words get through and the rest stays out of the mix.
• Uniform capture - The classic cardioid pattern is designed to reject off-axis audio. So you can sing or speak at a comfortable angle and it captures the sound, just as you want it, with minimum coloration.
• Shield your sound - We added advanced electromagnetic shielding to defeat hum from computer monitors and other studio equipment.
QUALITY THAT'S IN THE DETAILS:
• Rugged construction for securing the microphone cartridge
• Detachable close-talk windscreen and switch cover plate included
• Reduces distortion from loud sources
• Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
• Dynamic cartridge with flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
• Also useful for close-miking instruments in studio where warm and smooth full-frequencies are a must